Organic Farming and Biodiversity
Organic farming is the form of agriculture that relies on crop rotation, green manure, compost, biological pest control, and mechanical cultivation to maintain soil productivity and control pests. This however is achieved by excluding the use of synthetic fertilizers and synthetic pesticides; plant growth regulators, livestock feed additives, and genetically modified organisms. Organic farming benefits from the recycling and use of natural products. By supporting local, sustainable and organic farms in your local community you also support the larger community of which we are all a part. Organic farming is the way forward towards a healthier life and a cleaner environment.
- Plant Breeders Release First 'Open Source Seeds'
- Fragile Freedoms - Vandana Shiva
- Sin maíz no hay paíz | Sign Letter to Mexican President Peña-Nieto!
- Carovana Internazionale di Solidarietà per i Semi - Festival dei Semi, del Cibo e della Democrazia della Terra a Firenze
- High-Level Roundtable on «Food and Nutrition Security through Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems in the Post-2015 Agenda»